FLOORSKILLS TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR 3 YEAR INSTALLATION WARRANTY ON INSTALLATIONS CARRIED OUT BY FLOORSKILLS MASTER INSTALLERS ONLY (Domestic installations only)
Limit of Liability
The extended 3-year installation warranty covers the cost of remedying the defective workmanship up to the value of £1000. Subject to this the homeowner remains liable to pay the FloorSkills Master Installer or retailer for the initial work carried out unless otherwise agreed.
The FloorSkills Training Centre Master Installer has been trained and accredited to ensure your floor has been installed professionally & to the highest level, there are some exceptions to this which we detail below.
- The Job Completion and Installation Warranty Activation Form must be completed and submitted to the FloorSkills Training Centre within 28 days of the flooring installation being completed along with a copy of the original invoice uploaded for the flooring works carried out.
- The FloorSkills Training Centre Master Installer warranty cannot be retrospectively applied following problems arising after the 28 day period has elapsed.
- It is the consumers responsibility to ensure the FloorSkills Training Centre Master Installer warranty form is submitted in the timescales stipulated.
- The Installer must be trained, assessed and endorsed as a master installer in the category of flooring being installed. E.g. a FloorSkills Training Centre Master Installer in Carpet is not warranted to install LVT (Luxury Vinyl Tile) flooring.
- A retailer displaying FloorSkills Training Centre Master Installer does not imply all installers have attended and passed the training and testing required. It is therefore the responsibility of the consumer to confirm with the retailer that the appointed installer is accredited as a FloorSkills Training Centre Master Installer. (Master Installers will have certification with a valid from and to date)
- Sub floor problems & preparation is exclusively excluded from the FloorSkills Training Centre Master Installer warranty. Should preparation be required the consumer should ensure that the installer is suitably trained in this area.
- If you ask the FloorSkills Training Centre Master Installer or retailer not to follow the manufacturers product installation instructions for whatever reason and they are prepared to undertake the work on that basis, the FloorSkills Training Centre Master Installer Installation Warranty will immediately become Null & Void.
- The FloorSkills Training Centre Master Installer or Retailer ultimately decides if the FloorSkills Training Centre Master Installer warranty is to be applied to the product that is to be installed. It is therefore the consumers responsibility to ensure the Warranty will be applied and a FloorSkills Training Centre Warranty application form is completed and submitted to FloorSkills Training Centre.
- The Warranty only applies to products supplied by the Retailer / Installer that is carrying out the supply and installation of the Floorcoverings.
- Commercial installations are not covered by this installation warranty.
In the unlikely event that you have a complaint which you believe is covered by the FloorSkills Training Centre installation warranty then in the first instance, this must be raised with the FloorSkills Training Centre Master Installer / Retailer.
- The FloorSkills Training Centre Master Installer is required to resolve the complaint directly with you. If this is not possible you can lodge an official complaint by calling the FloorSkills Training Centre on 01564 703 900 or by using the contact form on the FloorSkills website stating your issues.
- If required FloorSkills Training Centre will mediate between the consumer and Master Installer in attempts to ensure the complaint is resolved in a timely and professional manner. If this fails and you are still dissatisfied FloorSkills Training Centre reserve the right to carry out a home visit and prepare a flooring report. The presence of the FloorSkills Training Centre Master Installer and homeowner to investigate and agree with a corrective course of action.
- Any such inspection will be carried out directly by the FloorSkills Training Centre Inspection Team and homeowner are bound by the findings and if required undertake remedial action. The warranty does not cover a breakdown in the relationship between the FloorSkills Training Centre Master Installer and the Customer. It is the responsibility of both parties to attempt to resolve such disputes. FloorSkills Training Centre is prepared to mediate and attempt to resolve the complaint. Subject to the circumstances FloorSkills Training Centre at their discretion may appoint and agree on a specification to be undertaken by another FloorSkills Training Centre Master Installer.
- Any reports compiled are circulated to both parties and can be used by either party to assist in any further action they may need to take.
- If this course of action fails, the homeowner or FloorSkills Training Centre Master Installer is not satisfied with the findings and recommendations, FloorSkills Training Centre reserve the right to work with an independent body to assist in resolving any genuine complaint. The homeowner also has the right to use an independent company to inspect the installation and compile a report based on their findings if they are not happy with the FloorSkills Training Centre inspection report, the contents of such a report would be considered by FloorSkills Training Centre Technical Department.
- Any costs associated with the utilisation of Independent inspection companies are borne by the instructing party unless the fault is due to the FloorSkills Training Centre Master Installer
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Unless otherwise indicated, the Site is our proprietary property and all source code, databases, functionality, software, website designs, audio, video, text, photographs, and graphics on the Site (collectively, the “Content”) and the trademarks, service marks, and logos contained therein (the “Marks”) are owned or controlled by us or licensed to us, and are protected by copyright and trademark laws and various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws of the United States, foreign jurisdictions, and international conventions.
The Content and the Marks are provided on the Site “AS IS” for your information and personal use only. Except as expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions, no part of the Site and no Content or Marks may be copied, reproduced, aggregated, republished, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted, distributed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose whatsoever, without our express prior written permission.
Provided that you are eligible to use the Site, you are granted a limited license to access and use the Site and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Content to which you have properly gained access solely for your personal, non-commercial use. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in and to the Site, the Content and the Marks.
By using the Site, you represent and warrant that:
[(1) all registration information you submit will be true, accurate, current, and complete; (2) you will maintain the accuracy of such information and promptly update such registration information as necessary;]
(3) you have the legal capacity and you agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions;
[(4) you are not under the age of 13;]
(5) not a minor in the jurisdiction in which you reside [, or if a minor, you have received parental permission to use the Site];
(6) you will not access the Site through automated or non-human means, whether through a bot, script, or otherwise;
(7) you will not use the Site for any illegal or unauthorized purpose;
(8) your use of the Site will not violate any applicable law or regulation.
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Site (or any portion thereof).
You may be required to register with the Site. You agree to keep your password confidential and will be responsible for all use of your account and password. We reserve the right to remove, reclaim, or change a username you select if we determine, in our sole discretion, that such username is inappropriate, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
You may not access or use the Site for any purpose other than that for which we make the Site available. The Site may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavours§ except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us.
GUIDELINES FOR REVIEWS
We may provide you areas on the Site to leave reviews or ratings. When posting a review, you must comply with the following criteria:
(1) you should have firsthand experience with the person/entity being reviewed;
(2) your reviews should not contain offensive profanity, or abusive, racist, offensive, or hate language;
(3) your reviews should not contain discriminatory references based on religion, race, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability;
(4) your reviews should not contain references to illegal activity;
(5) you should not be affiliated with competitors if posting negative reviews;
(6) you should not make any conclusions as to the legality of conduct;
(7) you may not post any false or misleading statements;
(8) you may not organize a campaign encouraging others to post reviews, whether positive or negative.
We may accept, reject, or remove reviews in our sole discretion. We have absolutely no obligation to screen reviews or to delete reviews, even if anyone considers reviews objectionable or inaccurate. Reviews are not endorsed by us, and do not necessarily represent our opinions or the views of any of our affiliates or partners.
We do not assume liability for any review or for any claims, liabilities, or losses resulting from any review. By posting a review, you hereby grant to us a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, fully-paid, assignable, and sublicensable right and license to reproduce, modify, translate, transmit by any means, display, perform, and/or distribute all content relating to reviews.
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, or other information regarding the Site (“Submissions”) provided by you to us are non-confidential and shall become our sole property. We shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any lawful purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgement or compensation to you.
You hereby waive all moral rights to any such Submissions, and you hereby warrant that any such Submissions are original with you or that you have the right to submit such Submissions. You agree there shall be no recourse against us for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your Submissions.
THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND CONTENT
The Site may contain (or you may be sent via the Site) links to other websites (“Third-Party Websites”) as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, music, sound, video, information, applications, software, and other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (“Third-Party Content”).
Such Third-Party Websites and Third-Party Content are not investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by us, and we are not responsible for any Third-Party Websites accessed through the Site or any Third-Party Content posted on, available through, or installed from the Site, including the content, accuracy, offensiveness, opinions, reliability, privacy practices, or other policies of or contained in the Third-Party Websites or the Third-Party Content.
Inclusion of, linking to, or permitting the use or installation of any Third-Party Websites or any Third-Party Content does not imply approval or endorsement thereof by us. If you decide to leave the Site and access the Third-Party Websites or to use or install any Third-Party Content, you do so at your own risk, and you should be aware these Terms and Conditions no longer govern.
You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any website to which you navigate from the Site or relating to any applications you use or install from the Site. Any purchases you make through Third-Party Websites will be through other websites and from other companies, and we take no responsibility whatsoever in relation to such purchases which are exclusively between you and the applicable third party.
You agree and acknowledge that we do not endorse the products or services offered on Third-Party Websites and you shall hold us harmless from any harm caused by your purchase of such products or services. Additionally, you shall hold us harmless from any losses sustained by you or harm caused to you relating to or resulting in any way from any Third-Party Content or any contact with Third-Party Websites.
We allow advertisers to display their advertisements and other information in certain areas of the Site, such as sidebar advertisements or banner advertisements. If you are an advertiser, you shall take full responsibility for any advertisements you place on the Site and any services provided on the Site or products sold through those advertisements.
Further, as an advertiser, you warrant and represent that you possess all rights and authority to place advertisements on the Site, including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, publicity rights, and contractual rights.
[As an advertiser, you agree that such advertisements are subject to our Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Notice and Policy provisions as described below, and you understand and agree there will be no refund or other compensation for DMCA takedown-related issues.] We simply provide the space to place such advertisements, and we have no other relationship with advertisers.
We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to:
(1) monitor the Site for violations of these Terms and Conditions;
(2) take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in our sole discretion, violates the law or these Terms and Conditions, including without limitation, reporting such user to law enforcement authorities;
(3) in our sole discretion and without limitation, refuse, restrict access to, limit the availability of, or disable (to the extent technologically feasible) any of your Contributions or any portion thereof;
(4) in our sole discretion and without limitation, notice, or liability, to remove from the Site or otherwise disable all files and content that are excessive in size or are in any way burdensome to our systems;
(5) otherwise manage the Site in a manner designed to protect our rights and property and to facilitate the proper functioning of the Site
GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
Data we collect from you
FloorSkills collects data about you:
- When you request services or otherwise provide us with your personal details (such as your name, contact details, e-mail address etc.); and
You can subscribe on the website to receive information from us, including course updates, event and seminar details or news. You can unsubscribe at any time by contacting FloorSkills here – https://www.floorskills.co.uk/contact/ and requesting to be removed from our data base.
Use of Data
We will only use your data:
- to supply you with the products, services and information which you have requested including advising you of anyupdates by way of newsletters, events and seminars; and
- to help improve our services generally.
We may contact you by post or telephone as well as by e-mail. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future by any of these means then please let us know.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers with industry standard anti-virus and firewall protection in place.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted online or through the website. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of Data
We process all data in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation. We may disclose your data to other third parties who act for us in order to provide the information you have requested. Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the data you provide to us without your consent.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the data held by us in our records. You also have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data or delete your data.
So far as receipt of any legal updates by way of newsletters etc, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Please contact FloorSkills here – https://www.floorskills.co.uk/contact/ and requesting to be removed from our data base or speak to us direct on 01564 703 900
We may make changes to this policy from time to time and any changes will be posted on this page.